Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Study 勉強

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Today was a rainy and cold day, perfect for coffee shop reading. In the 10 months that I've lived in Yokohama I've spent countless afternoons at the Kannai Starbucks on Bashamichi, reading with a Matcha Frappucino and occasionally a warm Chocolate Chip Scone. While I usually try to support local coffee shops, the smaller places in my neighborhood all allow smoking (which Starbucks does not), so as of late it's been the chain for me. Plus, as I think I have previously mentioned, I'm a huge fan of anything matcha, and adding cream and sugar just makes it better. From time to time I will make my own matcha latte at home, but without a blender it's just not the same. Today I read about gender and the gaze in the 12th century Genji scrolls, and I'm thinking about heading back tomorrow to work on a reading on Meiji feminism. Just another day in the life....

No comments: