Sunday, March 06, 2011

A brief slip of judgement

Ok, usually I am completely anti-fast food, especially that which comes from McDonald's, but I fell from grace last Sunday and had Shamrock Shake (don't worry, I didn't indulge in the food). It was my first in many years, and likely my last for many more years. After a long weekend of work I felt the need for a treat of some sort, and the minty nostalgia and St. Pat's marketing pulled me in. Truth be told, it wasn't really that good. I know that McDonalds uses methyl-cellulose in their shakes, which we also used as a bookbinding adhesive back when I worked at the conservation lab. Eesh. The shake wasn't bad, but it just wasn't particularly good either, and considering how awful McDonald's food is and how I feel about their marketing, it's a slip that I'm not likely to make for a few years. Just a little confessional. Now, back to the real food.....

No comments: