Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Update

Screenshot of an Eversnap photo from the photo booth at a friend's Minnesota wedding in June.

I'm still here!

I'm just not spending as much time online lately. As I mentioned back in January, you know, six months ago, I taught a course on Selfies this past semester. As I started to think more and more about social media, online image, and self representation in an academic fashion, I decided I needed a little Internet cleanse. In some ways it was refreshing, and in other ways I missed the documentary aspect of blogging. After a few months, and some experimentation, I have realized that I have very little interest in Facebook, a strong pull towards Instagram (not surprising for a visual person), and an occasional desire to blog things. I tried Yik Yak, and subsequently deleted it from my phone. Snapchat seems redundant and therefore pointless to me, but I'm still giving it time. 

I think I'm ready to get back in the occasional blogging game, but we'll see how the summer goes. 

Here's to a great season of relaxing on the patio, grilling, baseball games, and pool time.

No comments: