Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sakuragicho 桜木町


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Every day I commute through Sakuragicho station, as stated on my pasmo commuter pass (Maita-Sakuragicho). The pasmo card also functions as a rechargeable smart card ticket, allowing me to add money to it for use when I travel elsewhere in the Yokohama-Tokyo area on the bus or train, or to buy things at vending machines or convenience stores by touching my card to an electronic pad.
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Above is the JR section of Sakuragicho station, always bustling.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
After walking up three long escalators from the subway and through the JR section of the station, I exit on the bay side of the station to this view of Minato Mirai. From left to right, the Kenmin Kyosai Plaza building, Landmark Tower, and Queens Square. This view always lifts my morning, and I love to look up and see Landmark Tower, the tallest building in Japan, in different weather, be it clouded in, raining, or sunny.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Like most things in Japan, the trains have mascots to help promote them, above is the Pasmo robot mascot on the right, the Suica penguin mascot (a similar train pass) on the left. Below is Hamarin, the mascot for the Yokohama subway. I have linked each mascot to a youtube video. I'm not sure who made up the hilarious Hamarin video, but the Pasmo and Suica videos are Japanese tv commercials. Enjoy!
-





No comments: