Monday, September 02, 2013

Uguisudani 鶯谷


On days when I go into work at the research institute, I have a lovely ten minute walk from Uguisudani Station. I took these photos on my way home, as it was pretty sizzling hot when I was making my way in. The walk includes a clear view of the Tokyo Sky Tree, a relatively new landmark, but at 634 meters (2,000 feet!) one that can bee seen from most places on my side of town.
 

Most of the walk skirts the north side of Ueno Park, between the trees of the park and the cemetery which sits across the street. The wooden plaques of the graveyard can be seen in the first photo, and beyond the wall below. The huge crows that make the park their home are also a constant feature. 
 

I also pass the gate of the mausoleum of Tokugawa Ietsuna, who ruled from 1651 to 1680.
 

After walking past a taxi waiting area and a middle school, I arrive at Uguisudani.
 

No comments: